Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I will sing of Your mercies that lead me through valleys of sorrow to rivers of joy!

This may be the last post we have on this blog for a while. Dave and I have spoken to other adoptive families, our families, and our social worker and have decided to put our adoption on hold. Dave's health is still sort of uncertain right now, and we don't understand what is going on with him. He's being scheduled for some testing, and given some medication, but so far he's not better and we still don't have any answers. But we know that God is faithful. In other news, 2 days before our scheduled trip to Ukraine, I found out that I am expecting a baby! It was incredibly overwhelming and we are so thankful! I have such joy in this pregnancy and such sorrow that we aren't pursuing our adoption right now. But God's plans are bigger than mine, and His ways are different than mine. As Isaiah 45:9 says: "Does the clay say to the potter 'what are you making?'" I have to remind myself it's not my plans and not my way, and I have such peace and joy in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment