Friday, March 11, 2011

Z&A

Yesterday I left a little early and took Zoe and Addie to breakfast at Panera. It's always nice to have that time with them alone. It's so funny the things they bring up and what they tell you about when there's no pressure and you're just enjoying a pastry (or in my case a sandwich) together. I learned that Addie wants to be a farmer. She will have cows to milk and an apple orchard, along with strawberries and carrots (or as she spells it careits). She also told me that she wants to have 4 children (or maybe 1, 2, or 3), and 2 of them are going to be adopted. Zoe, while telling me about her dream home on the Weatherly Ledges and how her sister is going to bring her strawberries everyday, is going to have 6 children. She says she is going to have 3 of her own and adopt 3. I just thought about how the preacher was speaking on Sunday about leaving a legacy, and what will that be? How long will each accomplishment I have made take to say at my funeral? What will my impact be for the Kingdom? I hope that I can teach them to be compassionate and tender-hearted, but I know that the real thing I must teach them is about God's grace and mercy, and how that should extend to every other person they meet. I can't say that one day they will adopt, because I don't think that every person is called to do that. But we are all called to care for those in need around us, and to make a difference in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment