Friday, April 8, 2011

Home Study Part 2

Dave and I had another home study visit yesterday, which was hilarious. We had to talk about how we met, our first date, what we liked about each other, and how we show the other we love them. It's kind of funny, but I was blushing a bit. We had to discuss how we argue, how we make decisions, and what we normally fight about. I am always kind of embarrassed to tell people that we handle most things together including grocery shopping, laundry, and paying bills. It doesn't seem to be the norm. We also have some things to think about: What characteristics do we want in a child, and which ones would be unacceptable? What are we willing to take on? It's so hard for me to answer those types of questions, but they're definitely valid. We have a lot of homework to do before the next visit, including reading 2 books on attachment and connectedness in adoption. I think they're going to be difficult for me to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment