Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Trying not to cry

So I began reading Adoption Parenting by Jean McLeod and Sheena Macrae (Eds) yesterday. It's so sad for me to think about parenting from loss. I cannot even imagine the feelings and emotions that these children will have, what their outlook will be, and what baggage they will have. It's kind of funny because in Sunday school this past week we discussed rejection by your family and God's redemption that comes along with His overarching will for our lives. The story of Joseph is a wonderful story of rejection and redemption, and mercy. I am not worried about the things that will come as a part of living with that rejection, but I am so sad that my children will have that as a part of their lives. I am so sad that even now as I wait for all the paperwork to get done they are sitting somewhere, not knowing us or what's going to happen to them, and dealing with things I can't even imagine. I wish I could hold them in my arms now and tell them everything will be fine, but I don't know what's going to happen either! One thing that stood out to me is that there are no guarantees in parenting either biological or adopted children. No one is guaranteed a perfect baby or a healthy baby or a happy life. But we are guaranteed a perfect God who can see us through all things, and who loves us more than we can ask or imagine. My heart weeps for these children! Please keep our family in your prayers. We're dealing with some things as a family right now as well. Please just pray for God's provision, healing, and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment