Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What to do...

We had our appointment this morning with the SDA. It was very difficult for me. The child we came here intending to adopt is not available until the middle of February and they cannot provide us with the date. They also cannot guarantee that we can adopt him if and when we come back. We were shown other pictures of children available, and my heart breaks that I felt like we should say no. I felt like we came here for him... It's difficult to explain, but I am hoping that God will provide a way and lead us to His will. I cannot tell you how I feel right now, and my heart is heavy knowing that I may be leaving here without our son. I am reminded of Jeremiah 29 when the Lord says "I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". My son needs a future beyond what he will get in the orphanage. He needs a family and a future that is based upon the grace of the Everlasting Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment