Friday, February 24, 2012

Is there anything more precious?

The past few days have been really hard, and I wish I could share more with everyone. Once we get back to Kiev, we should be able to know more and be able to tell you more specifically what to pray for. But in the meantime, just pray that the Lord will do something BIG! This morning as I was reading my devotional, I read the verse in Matthew 19:26 "Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible". So I am holding on to that right now.

On the other hand, we've had some of the sweetest family moments over the past few days. There is much less anxiety on my part and Addie's part in terms of the separation and travel. She's always been a very affectionate child with me, but she just hugs me all the time, and wants to be near me more. Like she's stocking up, although I know she'll be hugged and kissed to her heart's content with my mom and sister as well. She's also taken to reading aloud at night the stories from her Jesus Storybook Bible. I think that she's understanding some that even things that happened long before Jesus was born point to him. And she's understanding that she, and everyone else, are lovely because God loves them. That's something for a child who is constantly comparing herself to everyone else ("I'm too short, I'm too chubby, I can't draw")... It's just precious to be able to share that with her. I just hope she can hold onto it.

So for now I will ask that you pray for us in:

1) Safe and timely travel to Kiev. We go straight from the airport to our SDA appointment.

2) For wisdom, discernment, peace, and guidance.

3) that the time away from our children will be peaceful, no sicknesses, problems, etc.

4) That God will miraculously provide for us in this situation. We know that all things are possible with God.

5) That no matter what, we can bring glory to God. It's hard to ask for prayers for that, because I just want everything to work out the way I want it to.

6) That our marriage can be strengthened during this process. I have heard so many people talk about adoption tearing families apart. So far this has been a hard time, but I think that in some respects we're being tested to see what we're made of. Are we strong enough to pass the test? I sure hope so!!

Thank you so much for all of your support for us! Please let us know if there is anything we can do for any of you who read this blog. We both feel that having the support of family and friends really makes all the difference in the world. Without you this would have been a much harder journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment