Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Today

So today we went from Kiev down to a town 1 hour west of Odesa on the Black Sea called Bilhorod-Dnistrovsky. It's kind of a weird place... there are probably more loose dogs than people. The dogs sleep on the side walk, and I can't help but be worried about them now because it's so cold and it started snowing... Anyway, we went to see the Assistant Adoption Inspector when we got here, and she interviewed us about why we chose to adopt from Ukraine, and how we would love another child. We then went to the orphanage and met with the director and met the child we were referred for. He was so sweet, but seemed very shy. I'm sure being "in the principal's office" had something to do with it. I am telling you though, that this is a world away from Kiev down here. I am not sure what to expect, and our facilitator is going to try and find some things out. Prayer requests at this time:
1) Pray for quickness and smoothness. There are a lot of underlying issues down here apparently...
2) that we can bond with him over the next couple days.
3) that we will have our court date within the next couple weeks. This is important for us to complete this on time.
4) for the separation from the children... I am really having a difficult time. Especially today. I miss my girls so much, and I really feel like I can't stand this... I don't know how to handle being so far from my girls.

Thanks so much for your prayers and support! Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you and praying for you, Rachel. Just remember, God knows what is plan is for you and your family. Love you! Tara

    ReplyDelete