Thursday, March 1, 2012

What we're going to do... And a funny story

So we are staying in a hotel that roughly translates to "Fiesta", and has a restaurant underneath with very inconsistent Wi-Fi. But so far we've been able to Skype with the kids, which was like a balm to my heart. In any case, when we went to the restaurant last night for dinner, I was expecting Mexican fare, but instead it was all Ukrainian food. So yesterday marked the first time we had Ukrainian fare since being in Ukraine either time. There's a place called "Noise" across the street, which I am sure will prove to be the quietest restaurant in town.

After we talk with the kids in a few minutes, we're going to head to the store to get a few things for our visit this afternoon. Tomorrow we will go see the inspector and notary which are like lawyers. I hope to be able to give everyone some information after tomorrow, since right now we're not 100% sure what's going to happen. The child we have been referred for was being pursued by another family in the U.S. It breaks my heart that another family will have to go through the same thing we did. In any case we will know more tomorrow and we'll see what happens.

Prayer requests for today:
1) For our visit this afternoon, for bonding, and a sense from God of what He wants us to do.
2) For QUICKNESS in completing each step. We are praying that we can be home before Easter.
3) That we can find a more permanent place to stay with internet and laundry. This is apparently hard to come by here.
4) That we can get everything done with the money we have. There's more expense for us being down here.
5) That I can bear this separation from the children. I feel it most acutely when I am tired or overwhelmed.
6) that we will not have a spirit of fear, but one of faith. There's a reason we're here!

Thanks again in sharing this journey with us. We thank God that we have people who are praying for us and behind us.

1 comment:

  1. I just want to know if they have good food, u know I.get hungry I mean do they have American food or...?

    ReplyDelete