Monday, March 12, 2012

Slow day

Today we didn't leave the hotel until it was time to go see AS. I've been feeling overwhelmed with translators not being translators and not letting the interaction be with us and our child. I've been overwhelmed with not knowing day to day what will happen. But this evening K told us that she asked AS what would happen if his mother came back and asked him to come live with her. He thought about it, and then said "it would be better for me if I go to America". Some days he interacts with us a lot, and some days, he seems more content to just play by himself. I am sure even for him it gets old sitting in the nurse's office... We're kind of relegated to an area no one else is in, rather that being allowed to watch him interact with other kids in his group, or be somewhere we can be more comfortable. He showed us his room the other day, and there are 6 children sleeping in there. He assures us he isn't scared to sleep alone. He is also excited that he will be able to look out the window at night. I told him about how we had put glow-in-the dark stars on his ceiling for night time. I think he thought that was neat.

His room at the orphanage.

The poster we sit next to everyday. Yes, it is about scabies.

No comments:

Post a Comment