Friday, March 23, 2012

Going to Kiev tomorrow...

And then heading home with the whole fam on Monday. It's kind of surreal to be leaving again... I don't understand. The kids are completely broken-hearted. But it's kind of wonderful to see in them compassion, tenderness, and love for someone they've spent very little time with. The Italian family was on the last day of their 10 day waiting period and were told there was a problem. Last night we prayed for AS, and for them and their son. I was reminded again of Exodus 22:22-24
Do not take advantage of a widow or the fatherless.
If you do, and they cry out to me, I will certainly hear their cry.
My anger will be aroused, and I will kill you with a sword;
your wives will be come widows and your children fatherless.
I was again reminded that God loves children, and despairs for the orphaned and abandoned. Whatever happens, we pray that God's will is done and He is glorified. I know this experience has changed each of us, and hopefully for the better. Praying for safe travels home again.

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer and Michael SmithMarch 23, 2012 at 6:42 AM

    I am so very sorry to hear about what you guys are going through. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete