Tuesday, March 6, 2012

First document obtained!

Well, we got the document from the orphanage director this morning, and we took it to the adoption inspector as well as the notary. We have to go back to the notary this afternoon to get the rest of the documents as well as to the inspector to give her something. K (the new translator we have here), has been working hard to get things done in S's absence, which is good. The inspector told us that she must give us her conclusion by next Tuesday, but that she will say no to us if the mother files paperwork, has a job, and is sober. Which seems unlikely, but I guess you never know. We shall see I suppose. The days kind of blur together here. There's not really anything to do, and we can't really walk to the orphanage or to the inspector, so we're spending a ton of money on taxi fare. It's good for the man who's carrying us around though! I was hoping today we could eat some real food, but there's not really anywhere nearby to eat. I did buy some bananas and oranges at the open air market. I should have taken the camera but I was trying to cut down on things we had to carry.

No comments:

Post a Comment