Friday, March 16, 2012

Today

So today we went and met with AS's birth mother. She and I (and the translator too), all appeared to be on the verge of tears. I think she realizes we can give him a better life than the orphanage, and that she won't be able to provide what he needs. I can understand, mother to mother, how she feels. It must be a very painful time for her. I hugged her as we left, and hope she knows that we love her boy.

Being boys :)

I think Mommy has bigger footprints.

Still being a boy!

Prayer requests at this time:
1) Pray that we can get the conclusion Monday. The inspector says that she is relieved now that we have spoken to the mother. She wants some things from us Monday, and we're hoping that we can get it done.
2) Pray for his mother. This is hard on her, understandably.
3) For continued bonding. We're moving in the right direction, though. He called Dave "dad" today when he was trying to get him to do something. Since I am usually paying attention, he doesn't have to call my name :), so I'm waiting on that. As I recall, my daughters did the same thing.
4) That court will be scheduled EXPEDITIOUSLY! We can't be here forever, so we need to get a move on with the process.
5) For safe travels for everyone!
6) For the separation from the girls. It's extremely hard to bear at times. It's more difficult than I ever could have imagined. It's like a physical ache that I have all the time.
7) Financially, that we can make it through our time here. It's not the cheapest thing we've ever done, but we marvel at the low cost of some things (such as plastic cups... we got 10 of them for $0.40). However we're spending a lot of money.

We really appreciate the prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment