Saturday, March 3, 2012

Our visit today

Today we went to the orphanage for about an hour and a half. We went a little early and interrupted homework time, but they assured us that we would be able to visit for a little bit anyway. Tomorrow we could visit twice, but we will be without a translator for the morning. So we probably will go only once for this time. During our visit today we Skyped with the girls for a few minutes (it was early and they were still half asleep) and with Dave's parents. S introduced them as "babushka" and "dadushka". I think AS was a little overwhelmed with all the new family. We showed him pictures of cousins, aunts, uncles, our house, his new school, our church, and we also showed him where he is now in relation. It's kind of scary. I described an average day at our house, what we normally do, and about where we live. He seemed OK with it. I told him about Alabaster Rec league sports. And I described to him what would happen if we adopted him. I told him that he would be our son, like Zoe and Addie are our daughters. I told him that everything we have would also be his. I told him that didn't mean he had to forget where he was from, but that he would be permanently be in our family. I think he thought that was OK :). So overall it was a good visit today. Ended with games of Stupid Zombies and Tank Hero.

1 comment:

  1. Casey Jo Lightfoot KerseyMarch 3, 2012 at 8:16 PM

    These posts are bringing tears to my eyes! We are praying for you both - your safety, your finances, bonding with your son, and a speedy process so you can get back to the Ham with your whole family. May He hold all of you in his capable hands. With Love, Casey Jo

    ReplyDelete